Christmas was loads of fun with Sarah & David. We drank & drank & drank, played games, cards, talked & ate ourselves silly. It was lovely to hang out & for them to enjoy some Kate time with our ever developing little munchkin. Whilst they were here Kate was having a serious stranger/animal danger phase which until recently had me a little worried. In the last 2 weeks however she has come along ten-fold & is much more confident, still wary of animals & strangers but much more willing to explore & experience life. She is OBSESSED with singing nursery rhymes at the moment, in fact I have just spent the last hour driving in the car singing twinkle twinkly & incy wincy spider for her while she sat back in airconditioned comfort & sucked her thumb. It tried explaining that I was tired & OVER IT!!!! But really who can reason with an independant 18month old female!!!! So on & on & on & on & on I went till Tim was ready to slap me I think :)
We have been making good use of this beautiful weather with lots of beach time & outside picnics & play. The garden is a HUGE feature at the moment. Tim & a good friend of ours 'Joe' have created a new amazing vegie patch with loads of vege & herbs. Tim is also attempting to dig up all the grass so that he can replant for next season.
Uni hasn't started back for the Semester but I have enrolled & am anticipating a busy but manageable timetable. I am working every wed,thurs fri this year. This is so that Tim & I can have some nice family time together & with our little girl.
Kate is still loving her swing set, she has become so much more confident with the slide. She gets on the swing first (always - she's a little OCD!!!) and is there for some time, all the while saying 'more more more' which means higher higher higher till she is cackling like a patient from the luny bin. Then we head to teh slide & she never waits for the 'go' in 'ready set go' she is already whizzing off with a devilish grin. It is beautiful........
Discovering the world day by day through a toddlers eyes is a great way to be living life...Things are just so simple. I will post some photos from christmas & beyond after this .. We hope this finds those of you who are still loyally checking our blog well & thank you for your patience...xoxoxo Caz, Tim & Kate
1 comment:
Have loved visiting and revisiting these pictures above and story - thanks for the wonderful glimpse into your lives! Brad said Kate was not having any of him so happy to hear she is getting better with the stranger danger! I loved the photo of her coming down the slide!!! TOO CUTE!!!
Post a Comment